[j-nsp] Loopback IP address in BGP Peering

C T crtrio2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 1 15:34:42 EST 2009

Just to add a comment.
Some people confuse it, including me sometimes... :-)

Even a router or a system with Classfull (without CIDR) the address z.y.x.0 or z.y.x.255 can be considered valid host addresses.

For instance, if you have a class B 128.3.0.0 (CIDR equivalent of 128.3.0.0/16)
The addresses:
128.3.10.0 is a valid host address
128.3.10.255 is a valid host address

But using class C, the .255 and .0 are invalid host addresses.

Good reference at: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4632

Cheers,
Claus T