[j-nsp] E3 Multilink Bundle

Aamir Saleem aamirwwol at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 08:19:47 EST 2009

Hi All,

I have configured E3 Multilink bundle for 2 E3 interface between M7i
routers. Configuration seems to me ok and P2P IPs over lsq interface are
working fine. Traffic is load-balnace over the two E3. But the maximum
throughput of bundle interface is not exceeding more the 30Mbps
bandwidth.Can any one help have any clue that why maximum throughput of
bundle interface is not increasing. Following is the configuration..

A---end

# show chassis
fpc 1 {
    pic 2 {
        adaptive-services {
            service-package layer-2;
        }
    }

# show interfaces e3-0/3/2
keepalives down-count 1;
encapsulation ppp;
unit 0 {
    family mlppp {
        bundle lsq-1/2/0.0;
    }
}
[edit]

# show interfaces e3-0/3/3
encapsulation ppp;
unit 0 {
    family mlppp {
        bundle lsq-1/2/0.0;
    }
}
[edit]

# show interfaces lsq-1/2/0
per-unit-scheduler;
unit 0 {
    encapsulation multilink-ppp;
    point-to-point;
    disable-mlppp-inner-ppp-pfc;
    minimum-links 1;
    family inet {
        address 10.0.10.1/30;
    }
}
[edit]

B -- end exactly have same configuration

Regards.

Aamir