[j-nsp] Interfaces updown log

david.roy at orange-ftgroup.com david.roy at orange-ftgroup.com
Mon Mar 2 09:35:42 EST 2009

The SNMP_TRAP_LINK_UP has a severity to INFO and the SNMP_TRAP_LINK_DOWN to WARNING.

So, to view  SNMP_TRAP_LINK_UP and SNMP_TRAP_LINK_DOWN, you need to allow these severity in the syslog configuration :

edit system syslog
{
host x.x.x.x {
    any info;
[...]
}
file messages {
    any info;
[...]
}

Beware, because info is a low severity. So, for example you can create a specific file for link up/down

edit system syslog
{
host x.x.x.x {
    any notice;