[j-nsp] New flash card in M7i

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sat Mar 7 22:47:21 EST 2009

> From: Matthias Gelbhardt <matthias at commy.de>
> Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 21:46:50 +0100
> Sender: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
>
> Hi!
>
> So, i have tried it today. I failed. I had put in a formatted compact
> flash, and I think that that was my failure, as the boot sequence was
> stuck on the compact flash medium. So the compact flash must not be
> formatted, it has to be blank, i.e. no partitions on it?

The flash must be unformatted or formatted for FreeBSD. I recommend
that, if the card has not been formatted for a Juniper router, that you
wipe it and let JunOS reformat. I sent instructions on doing this about
a week ago. You can erase the format on the router, but it has to be up
and running JunOS to do so.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)