[j-nsp] JUNOS BootP-relay Behaviour

alain.briant at bt.com alain.briant at bt.com
Mon Mar 9 09:01:27 EDT 2009

Hi Phil

This does matter because the DHCP server has to answer back to the source address of the packets received and in case you have a firewall between the NET and the DHCP server the firewall could be configured to deny packets from the net.ipB interface and only allow packets from net.IPA.

Finally I have done some tests on the DHCP relay on an M7i (so a real Juniper router) and the behaviour is the same as with Cisco.

So the Case that I opened on the JTAC was lastly taken in account as a real bug.

I am waiting for a new release now.

Yes indeed the problem in the majority of the cases is not very painful but in some cases you can get stuck!

Kind regards
Alain