[j-nsp] RE-850 Route Capacity

cp lists at pleasants.net
Tue Mar 10 13:37:04 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I was recently informed that RE-850s with 1.5G of RAM have a maximum of
6 million total routes before swapping. Anyone have boxes in production
close to this amount? Today I have roughly 1.3 million total routes with
and RE memory usage at 50%. I'm interested in doubling or possibly close
to tripling 1.3 million routes.  I've requested a RE 850 for lab
testing, but just thought I ask around too. Also, does anyone have
general RE memory utilization guidelines or good practice documents they
could share with me?

Thanks,

Chip