[j-nsp] Missing BGP Routes

Jeff S Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Tue Mar 17 13:43:55 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 13:23 -0400, Eric Van Tol wrote:
> > Is the next-hop reachable?
>
> Yes, it is.  Even if it wasn't, wouldn't the routes be listed in the 'hidden' output?
I think the routes should be "hidden" for every case where they are
rejected by policy, and if the next-hop can't be resolved, they will be
"hidden."  I do not remember what happens to the routes in cases such as
as-path loop or cluster list loop.

This brings me to my next question, what is the configuration of each
neighbor with respect to cluster-id?  If edge02 was accidentally setup
as a client of edge01 with the same cluster-id, then the routes would be
refused because of a cluster list loop.  I think they should be "hidden"
in this case, and Inactive Reason: show something sensible, but I have
not exactly tested this or searched the documentation.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz> +1-212-981-0607
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts