[j-nsp] Y.1731 frame loss measurement

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:45:13 EDT 2009

  I don't think they do.  I looked around the T-series a while ago for
it, but only found the 802.1ag OAM stuff.
  Interestingly (or not?), they do pass Y.1731 frames, but on the t640
at least, have issues with classifying them (if you're trying to do
so).  My Y.1731 delay measurement frames (generated by a different
device, not a JNPR) were VLAN tagged with a specific priority (to
measure latency/jitter/PL in a given traffic class) and the 802.1p
classifier wasn't handling them properly.  Ticket and PR resulted, and
should be fixed in next release (March 31st for 9.2 I think?).

David