[j-nsp] SPF with Pseudonode

Alex alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 08:17:10 EDT 2009

Hello YiFeng Zhou
I have this book and the correct page number is 254, not 267.
You can also use Google books to illustrate what you are talking about
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=NxIadsCKZxMC&printsec=frontcover&dq=the+complete+is-is#PPA254,M1
Back to your question:
At step (5) AMS tries to work out if he can reach Stockholm.00 from
Stockholm.02. Of course, AMS can and the full cost of such path is 10+0=10.
Then AMS is about to put path "Stockholm.00 via Stockholm.02, cost 10" into
PATH list but another path "Stockholm.00 via Stockholm.00, cost 10" is
already there, having been put there at step (3) after RANDOM choice (which
was a mistake). Therefore, work on the path "Stockholm.00 via Stockholm.02,
cost 10" is discontinued.
Hope this makes sense. I realise that figures 10.8 and 10.9 may have added
to your confusion since they don't tally up with figures 10.3-10.6.
Rgds
Alex