[j-nsp] ex4200 log message question

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu May 21 14:36:09 EDT 2009

It makes the thread very hard to follow.
> Why not?
>> Please don't top-post!

> From: Cord MacLeod <cordmacleod at gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:21:46 -0700
>
> Umm, being that this post was about the ex4200... the platform was the
> ex4200.
>
> After I submitted a few PRs on 9.3R2 for the EX platform, the message
> was these would be fixed in 9.3R3 and would be exceptionally stable.
>
> On May 21, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>
> >> From: Cord MacLeod <cordmacleod at gmail.com>
> >> Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 10:37:30 -0700
> >> Sender: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
> >>
> >> Can you elaborate on 'the whole routing seems to fail'?  I was
> >> actually told by JTAC to upgrade to 9.3R3 as soon as it came out as
> >> it
> >> would be exceptionally stable code.
> >>

> > Umm. On which platform?
> >
> > On non-EX platforms, 9.3 looks pretty good, although there were
> > show-stoppers for us in 93r2, r3 seems to have fixed them.
> >
> > This message was about the EX software and it is a VERY different
> > beast.

We are running 9.3r2 on EX systems. The most serious issue (to us) won't
be fixed in r3. :-( It forces us to add static ARP table entries in the
up-stream routers. Without those, the ARP responses stop after a while
and things just stop. At least the work-around is not too bad.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)