[j-nsp] Juniper EX AE Bundle with LACP active

Felix Schueren felix.schueren at hosteurope.de
Wed May 27 04:26:40 EDT 2009

Brendan,

> just wondering if anyone else has experienced any issues with EX
> switches and ae bundles.

yes, we have.

> I have a 3200 with ports 0 and 1 in a ae bundle (ae0) with lacp
> active. Those uplink to to a 4200 VC and land on port 0 on each
> switch. Again with lacp active.
>
> For no reason the bundle has been flapping at random, a few times per
> day. The physical interfaces never flap, just the bundle.

exactly the same as we saw.

> All switches are running 9.5R1.8

we saw that with 9.1, 9.2 at least, not sure if we saw it in 9.3 - JTAC
suggested that we disable LACP (which we did), no more flapping since
then. We never got a root cause for this, I suspect it's the same thing
that keeps BFD falling over every once in a while (and thus the internal
link between RE & PFE).

Kind regards,

Felix

--
Felix Schüren
Head of NOC

Host Europe GmbH - http://www.hosteurope.de
Welserstraße 14 - D-51149 Köln - Germany
Telefon: (0800) 4 67 83 87 - Telefax: (01805) 66 32 33
HRB 28495 Amtsgericht Köln - UST ID DE187370678
Geschäftsführer:
Uwe Braun - Alex Collins - Mark Joseph - Patrick Pulvermüller