[j-nsp] Per DS1 CoS on the M10i CHOC12

Jason Gintert jason at fidelityaccess.com
Tue Nov 10 03:52:05 EST 2009

Has anyone gotten CoS working at a per DS1 level on the PE-1CHOC12SMIR-QPP
card in the M10i?  Does anyone know if this is supported?  Right now I'm not
sure it is.  If so, what method did you use?

Here is what I am doing and it is causing a lot of tail drops in the BE
queue on ALL DS1s (not just the ones with the scheduler maps applied)
without the affected individual DS1 circuit being taxed that much
(~200kbps):

interfaces {
    ge-0/0/1 {
        traps;
        mtu 1540;
        link-mode full-duplex;
        unit 0 {
            family inet {
                mtu 1500;
                filter {
                    input INBOUND-PERIMETER_FILTER;
                }
                address x.x.x.x/31;
            }
            family iso {
                mtu 1500;
            }
            family inet6 {
                mtu 1500;
                address xxxx:xxxx:x:x::xx/127;
            }
            family mpls;
        }
    }
}
firewall {
    filter INBOUND-PERIMETER_FILTER {
        term 1 {
            from {
                protocol [ udp tcp ];
                port 5060;
            }
            then {
                count sip;
                forwarding-class assured-forwarding;
                accept;
            }
        }
        term 2 {
            from {
                protocol udp;
                port 16384-32768;
            }
            then {
                count rtp;
                forwarding-class expedited-forwarding;
                accept;
            }
        }
        term 3 {
            then {
                count best-effort;
                forwarding-class best-effort;
                accept;
            }
        }
    }
}
classifiers {
    dscp VOIP_CLASS {
        forwarding-class expedited-forwarding {
            loss-priority high code-points ef;
        }
        forwarding-class assured-forwarding {
            loss-priority high code-points af31;
            loss-priority low code-points cs3;
        }
        forwarding-class best-effort {
            loss-priority high code-points be;
        }
    }
}
forwarding-classes {
    queue 0 expedited-forwarding;
    queue 1 assured-forwarding;
    queue 2 best-effort;
}
interfaces {
    t1-0/2/0:1:1 {
        scheduler-map VOIP_QOS_POLICY_OUTPUT;
    }
}
scheduler-maps {
    VOIP_QOS_POLICY_OUTPUT {
        forwarding-class expedited-forwarding scheduler VOIP_EF;
        forwarding-class assured-forwarding scheduler VOIP_AF;
        forwarding-class best-effort scheduler VOIP_BE;
    }
}
schedulers {
    VOIP_EF {