[j-nsp] Getting configuration diffs via NETCONF

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Tue Nov 17 13:27:32 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 08:37:42AM -0500, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 02:57:43PM -0800, Curtis Call wrote:
> > Would "file compare ..." output, rather than "show | compare"
> > output, be good enough?  Because you can do that through an op
> > script.  Couldn't these RPC calls be translated into an equivalent
> > NETCONF script?
>
> This looks perfect!  I should easily be able to translate this into a
> NETCONF process that does exactly what I hoped for.  I'll lay around
> with this today to make sure it behaves as I want.

Looks like I spoke too soon - the NETCONF equivalent of
<get-configuration> doesn't provide format control - it always returns
the full XML tree.  I can use NETCONF to call the op script, but at
that point, ssh does basically the same thing without needing to
distribute a script to all of my boxes.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie