[j-nsp] ScreenOS and VoIP and NAT

Ivan c ivannetw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 19:33:34 EST 2009

thanks Tony, I have read those examples. In the eg. the phone on one
side is a SIP client/server and on the other side there is a SIP proxy
and handset.

My scenario is different as I have a alcatel omni box which talks SIP
to the remote cisco call manager, and then hands off the RTP stream to
the handset which talks direct.

When I iniatiate a call to the remote end the recipes work from the
cookbook, but when the remote end iniates a call its a no go. I can
see it in the SIP trace, the netscreen sees the SIP, but it does not
know what to NAT the incoming stream to...

I think the issue is that I am trying to use the netscreen as a SBC or
proxy type device which obviously it isnt designed for.