[j-nsp] unreachable indirect next-hop-static

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Fri Nov 27 23:05:12 EST 2009

What happens when you do a traceroute?  Based on your configs, I imagine the
packets would get dropped on r3 as there is no route defined on r3 to reach
the 10.10.10/30 subnet.

Also, you do not need to do 'set routing-options forwarding-table
indirect-next-hop'.  That has nothing to do with the 'resolve' keyword under
[edit routing-options static route].  Rather, it is used to improve route
convergence time by abstracting a level of recursion so that fewer route to
forwarding next-hop bindings need to be updated when underlying next-hop
paths are changed.  More details on that can be found via the link below:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos92/swconfig-routing/enab
ling-an-indirect-next-hop.html

Stefan Fouant
www.shortestpathfirst.net