[j-nsp] EX8200

Felix Schueren felix.schueren at hosteurope.de
Thu Oct 1 04:06:32 EDT 2009

Quoc,

> Hi,
> I'm considering purchasing the big iron EX8216 chassis for our core
> switching. These switches are pretty brand new to the market. Anyone
> running these and care to share their operational
> experience/feedback/issues seen so far?

I can only comment on the EX8208 - running okayish so far. Some cosmetic
problems like propagating the license information to the standby RE,
nothing major. The chassis design is braindead though - it's got
side-to-side cooling, and the horizontally aligned DPCs do not (for
whatever arcane reason) use the current M-series retention knobs but the
old M5/M10-style latches, which in a dense design like this mean you
have lots of trouble plugging or unplugging the first & last 8-10 ports
on each DPC.

Kind regards,

Felix

--
Felix Schüren
Head of Network

Host Europe GmbH - http://www.hosteurope.de
Welserstraße 14 - 51149 Köln - Germany
Telefon: 0800 467 8387 - Fax: +49 180 5 66 3233 (*)
HRB 28495 Amtsgericht Köln - USt-IdNr.: DE187370678
Geschäftsführer:
Uwe Braun - Alex Collins - Mark Joseph - Patrick Pulvermüller

(*) 0,14 EUR/Min. aus dem dt. Festnetz, Mobilfunkpreise ggf. abweichend