[j-nsp] Logical Routers Question

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Tue Oct 13 11:32:21 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 04:36:36PM +0300, Walaa Abdel razzak wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to simulate JNCIE LAB which has more than 15 routers including
> configured routers, eBGP neighbours, CE's.

Each logical-router instance takes the full resources of a complete
router. For example, 2 LR's with full BGP feeds will result in 2 rpd
instances using 200MB of ram each (or whatever it is that they use these
days). An M7i will never get anywhere near that, you'd be lucky just to
get 2 working.

But honestly you don't need 15 routers in a JNCIE lab, let alone 24.
There is no reason you need to implement the entire thing all at once,
just work with the individual skills a couple routers at a time, and
don't take full tables. A few representative routes in IGP and IBGP will
be fine.