[j-nsp] Verifying NAT translation

techtalm at gmail.com techtalm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 05:04:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have configured an SRX machine with source NAT and destination NAT as
followed:

set security nat source pool WAN_Address address x.x.x.x/32

set security nat source rule-set interface-nat from zone trust

set security nat source rule-set interface-nat to zone untrust

set security nat source rule-set interface-nat rule rule1 match
source-address 10.0.0.0/24

set security nat source rule-set interface-nat rule rule1 match
destination-address 0.0.0.0/0

set security nat source rule-set interface-nat rule rule1 then source-nat
pool WAN_Address

set security nat destination pool Int_Servers address 10.0.0.4/32

set security nat destination rule-set rule1 from interface fe-0/0/2.0

set security nat destination rule-set rule1 rule NAT-to-Server match
destination-address x.x.x.x/32

set security nat destination rule-set rule1 rule NAT-to-Server then
destination-nat pool Int_Servers

set security nat proxy-arp interface fe-0/0/2.0 address x.x.x.x/32

[x.x.x.x is my WAN IP Address on fe-0/0/2]

How can I verify that this config is working from within the SRX?

While trying to ping some outside address with source ip of my internal LAN
interface (10.0.0.254) I'm not getting back any answer

Best Regards,

MTC