[j-nsp] Recover/Reset Passwd on juniper netscreen

Masood Ahmad Shah masoodshah at juniper.net
Sat Oct 24 08:28:38 EDT 2009

I would go with power-it; you cannot recover the password without resetting
the unit to factory defaults. On other devices of Juniper like routers there
are ways to do this but not on firewall devices.

As you do not have copy of the current configuration, then I would say let
it run as long as it can without making any change and then reset and
reconfigure from scratch when you absolutely need to make a change.

Kind Regards,
Masood