[j-nsp] death by branding

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu Oct 29 16:20:42 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 04:15:23PM -0400, Doug McPherson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Richard A Steenbergen <ras at e-gerbil.net> wrote:
> > http://www.e-gerbil.net/juniper_style_guide.pdf
>
> ? Possibe file protection problem on:
>    http://www.e-gerbil.net/juniper_style_guide.pdf

Sorry Juniper made me take it down. It seems that the new style guide
isn't for public distribution, despite it saying absolutely nothing
about being confidential or restricted in any way, and the fact that
most every public company I know of publishes their logo usage guides
publicly (including, if I'm not mistaken, the old Juniper logo).

Basically it was a pretty standard guide for how not to misuse their new
logo, specifically their "burst" element. You know the usual stuff, do
not put the burst too close to the other text, do not crop too much of
the burst, do not reposition the burst, do not alter the scale of the
burst, do not alter the color of the burst. Apparently they also meant
to include "do not taunt the happy fun burst". :)