[j-nsp] juniper trinity

Judah Scott judah.scott.iam at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 20:35:45 EDT 2009

The datasheet for the new MX 3D line cards is a little strange.  Assuming
that a find-and-replace of "KB" to "K" will make it more coherent, this is
an awesome amount of queues when comparing to competitors.  However, the new
FPC/PIC-like card strategy is in 30Gb/s and 60Gb/s flavors.  Given that the
16x10GE card is oversubscribed this looks like the old DPC 4x10Gb/s stacked
complex design (except now it is 4x30Gb/s?).  I guess this because the
numbering is much like the DPC in that they are 0/0-3 1/0-3 2/0-3 3/0-3.
Would Juniper really come out with a 30Gb/s (full duplex) chipset?  With no
40GE announcement I can only assume this chipset is going to be damn hard
(or expensive) to do 40GE interfaces.

Am I just missing something?

-J Scott