[j-nsp] (no subject)

Yue Min smartsuites at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 18:28:56 EDT 2009

hey guys, I have a few reqestions during studying JNCIP book. hopefull
someone can help here.

1. Can I safely assume and configure following annoucing policy since
it's the way in the real world:
   " send cust routes to transit and peer, send peer routes to cust,
sent transit routes to cust. "

I noticed sometimes JNCIP question doesn't require one or some of
them, is it ok for me to implement all? sometimes it's required that
"send peer routes to transit", I know even it's not in real world, I
have to follow what required.

2. in practice, we normally define eBGP import policy like this:
[ generic-filter-in generic-community-setup community-setup-as65050
prefer-peer ]

generic-filter-in and generic-community shared by all ebgp import
policy on this router; prefer-peer shared by all peer ebgp import
policy, community-setup-as65050 tags peer specific community.

with extra requirement for some peers, one or some of these policy [
as65050-filter-in no-comms damping prepend-twice ] will be added to
policy chain.

I'm wondering if this is a good policy formation for JNCIP test?

3. in eBGP case study, it's required all router prefer R2 to reach
AS1492 peering route. R1 need to prefer R2 route too? in
configuration, LP 101 is used to achieve this, so R1 will prefer R2 to
reach AS1492. since it doesn't make sense, what if I increase protocol
preference on R3 and R4 to achieve this, so R1 will prefer eBGP route
rather than iBGP route. Am I gonna loss point here if I do this way?

Min