[j-nsp] LX SFP Question

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Thu Sep 24 17:35:20 EDT 2009

Hi folks...

Does anyone know the tolerance of the LH SFP's from Juniper?  We are trying
to get an EX3200 switch configured and ready for production - have a case
open at JTAC but haven't been able to resolve.  In fairness to the JTAC
engineer, I haven't had a lot of time to troubleshoot except for performing
a software upgrade which has been completed (9.4)

The link is up/up from the EX3200 to a Cisco 6500 but the distance at the
moment (while testing) is literally 15' or so.  In the Cisco world we have
no problem on such short distances but wondering if something is different
or causing a problem for the Juniper.

We see up/up and at one point were seeing a MAC address but unable to access
the Management VLAN on the switch (only VLAN configured at the moment).
Since the software upgrade we cannot see a MAC address even which has me
wondering about the connection running too hot....

JTAC verified that the configuration is correct - Cisco TAC has verified
that the IOS configuration is correct.

Many thanks,

Paul