[j-nsp] Ethernet Preamble and FCS on EoMPLS

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 16:50:30 EDT 2009

The FCS is part of the frame... RFC4720 specifies a FCS retention
indicator TLV, but I don't think it's ever been adopted by a vendor.
Some saw the lack of transparency in delivering the FCS untouched as a
security issue.  A valid original FCS on the remote end means the
payload arrived unaltered through the transport network.

Phil