[j-nsp] Basic VLAN setup on a J2320

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 11:37:18 EDT 2010

1. Check your security zone to ensure you're allowing ping on both devices, and that the vlan.xxx interfaces are part of the zone:

i.e.:

security {
    zones {
        security-zone trust {
             interfaces {
                vlan.99 {
                    host-inbound-traffic {
                        system-services {
                            all;
                        }
                        protocols {
                            all;
                        }
                    }
                }
                vlan.10 {
                    host-inbound-traffic {
                        system-services {
                            all;
                        }
                        protocols {
                            all;
                        }
                    }
                }

2. Also check your policies on the trust zone (just to ensure its there);

    policies {
        from-zone trust to-zone trust {
            policy allow-all {
                match {