[j-nsp] Event Log RPD_SCHED_SLIP M20

Phill Jolliffe phill.jolliffe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 08:54:13 EDT 2010

The rpd, (routing protocol daemon), process is multi threaded.
Internal to rpd there is a scheduler implemented to control individual
protocols / tasks access to the systems cpu. When the scheduler slips
it misses handing cpu access promptly from one sub system to another.
This can cause anything from delay in RIB updating to FIB or missing
keepalives / hellos coming in and neighbor tear down.

As you are running R1, (never a good place to be), I would recommend
at least moving to the latest release of 7.3 if not something more
recent.

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Juniper <juniper at iber-x.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> Since few days we are detecting these message in our log message in a
> Juniper M20 with the JUNOS version 7.3R1.4 :
>
> Apr 6 06:00:15 xxxx-yyy2.abc-d.net LEV[2625]: RPD_SCHED_SLIP: 5 sec
> scheduler slip, user: 4 sec 940542 usec, system: 0 sec, 14925 usec
> Apr 6 05:58:07 xxxx-yyy2.abc-d.net LEV[2625]: RPD_SCHED_SLIP: 4 sec
> scheduler slip, user: 4 sec 75182 usec, system: 0 sec, 0 usec
>
> Does anyone know what could be the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Phill Jolliffe