[j-nsp] multicast questions

Nilesh Khambal nkhambal at juniper.net
Tue Apr 20 04:08:15 EDT 2010

Do you know if Source is registered with the RP? SPT flag is set on (S,G) on
the RP so it must have but just in case check "show pim rps extensive" on
both source DR and RP. Does the SPT path from receiver DR to the Source DR
goes via RP or does it take an alternate path?

One more thing to check is, are there more than one PIM routers on the
receiver segments. Only the PIM DR on the segment would generate (S,G) join
towards the source. Check "show pim interface" for the receiver segment.

Also, check if Receiver DR can find rpf path towards the source DR to send
(S,G) join. Try "show multicast rpf <src DR IP>" on the receiver DR to check
this.

Thanks,
Nilesh.