[j-nsp] multicast questions

Stacy W. Smith stacy at acm.org
Tue Apr 20 11:13:54 EDT 2010

My first guess is that traffic is not making it on the RPT from the RP to the receiver's DR, and therefore the receiver's DR is not attempting to join the SPT.

Can you provide the output of "show multicast route extensive" at the RP and the receiver's DR?

As Nilesh suggested, this might also be due to the receiver's DR not having an RPF entry to the source. The output of "show multicast rpf <src>" on the receiver's DR would also be useful.

--Stacy