[j-nsp] /32 host routes on down interfaces

Tarko Tikan tarko at lanparty.ee
Thu Apr 22 15:54:40 EDT 2010

hey,

> So I just noticed an interesting behavior which I think is a bad thing,
> but I want to see what other people think.

Very.

Imagine dual router setup (MX for example as it has all the needed capabilities), vpls on both, IRB interfaces in vpls, identical IP config on IRB interfaces, redundant pseudowires coming from third box - only one of the IRB interfaces is active at once.

This all works fine until you start to source traffic from interface IP - dhcp relay for example. DHCP requests are relayed from active router to dhcp server (using interface IP as source address) but dhcp replies are transited via backup box into active. Leads to dhcp replies being dropped and makes this setup impossible on junos.

--
tarko