[j-nsp] Load Balancing of vlan-ccc

Alexander Koch efraim at clues.de
Fri Apr 30 09:41:58 EDT 2010

Gentlefolk,

it is a long time I had to think or worry about this kind of thing.

I am familiar with l2circuits, and the fact that engineering them is
a bit painful I clearly remember. I also know 'protocol connections'
and like that approach as well as you need the added control sometimes.

I am concerned with the lack of proper load- balancing that you see
with l2circuit even nowadays, it appears to be still the case. Now I
seem to remember the bad load- balancing could be worked- around a
bit when you start using VPLS and have a lot of MAC addresses on it.

But I keep hearing that with 9.5 some stuff changed. Can anyone can
give pointers to this and/ or maybe explain how much this improved,
or not?

Any feedback I would appreciate.

Thanks,
Alexander