[j-nsp] SSG-140/NS-50 "self corrupting" flash?

TCIS List Acct listacct at tulsaconnect.com
Mon Aug 2 14:47:36 EDT 2010

Hi all,

We've had a pair of SSG-140s as well as a few NS-50's seem to "self corrupt"
their flash/boot image over the last 12 months.  These units are ones that were
in production previously, then were turned off for periods ranging from a week
to a few months.  Upon powering them back on, they refuse to boot and require
the firmware to be re-loaded via TFTP, at which time they work fine again.
We've seen a few KB articles on flash corruption with SSG-550Ms, and have opened
up a JTAC case (which has gone nowhere).

Has anyone else seen this behavior from Juniper/Netscreen firewalls?

--Mike