[j-nsp] MS-DPC export flows have 0 as dest interface

Jim Devane jdevane at switchnap.com
Tue Aug 10 16:01:48 EDT 2010

All,

It has been a bit of a battle for me as a first time Juniper user to get Netflows exported using an MS-DPC. With a tremendous amount (some from this list)  of help the flows are being exported.

However, The Juniper is not reporting the dest interface and instead putting in a zero. This is confusing our flow collector (Peakflow SP) Arbor takes the dest intf and source interface both being zero as a drop. The traffic is not in fact being dropped, however.

Has anyone dealt with this particular or type of problem? I was trying to use version 5 output for simplicity. Was I creating greater problems for myself? Is version 9 easier/better?

Any thoughts, steers, doco or solutions are warmly taken.

Thanks,
Jim