[j-nsp] FPC shell command to disable the interface Tx laser

Olson, Martin molson at above.net
Tue Aug 10 16:57:54 EDT 2010

I got the answer offline.  On an MX or T-Series router for a 10GE
interface, use the following commands:

start shell pfe network fpcX

test xfp <index> laser off

You can find the XFP index by doing "show xfp list" from the shell
prompt.  I haven't seen a method that works for SFP interfaces.

For sonet interfaces, this hidden configuration is also an option:

set interfaces so-0/0/0 sonet-options insert-los

Thanks,

-Martin