[j-nsp] which permission to set to activate "show configuration | display commit-scripts"

Jeroen Valcke jeroen.valcke at belnet.be
Wed Aug 11 09:45:06 EDT 2010

Hello,

I've created a restricted user class. Basically users in this class
should only be able to view the configuration and run show commands.

This is the code.

	class student {
	    permissions [ access admin firewall interface network routing security snmp system view ];
	}
	user student {
	    uid 2300;
	    class student;
	}

Users in this class can display the configuration (show configuration).
However we have a lot of code that is generated by commit-scripts. Usage
of the 'display commit-scripts' command doesn't seem to work with the
above permissions.

So the option commit-scripts is not available for users in this
'student' class.

	student at ar1.kor> show configuration | display ?
	Possible completions:
	  changed              Tag changes with junos:changed attribute (XML only)
	  detail               Show configuration data detail
	  inheritance          Show inherited configuration data and source group
	  omit                 Emit configuration statements with the 'omit' option
	  set                  Show 'set' commands that create configuration
	  xml                  Show output as XML tags

I've went through the documentation on the Juniper site
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.2/topics/concept/access-privileges-levels-overview.html
but I can't figure out which permission I need to make the display
command work.

Kind regards,
-Jeroen-

--