[j-nsp] M7i DHCP Relay

Kaj Niemi kajtzu at a51.org
Thu Aug 12 09:20:38 EDT 2010

On 12/8/2010 15:33, "Chuck Anderson" <cra at wpi.edu> wrote:

> 1. MX shouldn't require Option 82 (relay-agent-option) in order to
> function as a stateless DHCP Relay Agent (BOOTP Helper), but it does.
>
> 2. MX shouldn't get confused and fail to function when the edge switch
> has added it's own DHCP Option 82 information to the packet.

On IRB, I *think* it must have relay-agent-option because it seems like it
wants to write the interface name in the Option 82 packet no matter what and
if the helper is stateless by itself it must somehow be able to figure out
where (what interface) to return the packet to...

With stateful dhcp relay that isn't an issue. I think it does count
licensing wise (1 address = 1 subscriber license)?

Kaj