[j-nsp] Interface Index(ifIndex) changes when router is rebooted

Kaj Niemi kajtzu at a51.org
Sat Aug 14 09:54:47 EDT 2010

Hi,

You should be doing a bulkwalk on ifTable/ifXTable or parts of it for performance anyway so why is this a problem? If your performance management software is blindly getting just a specific counter each and every time it's doing it wrong.

There are other ways of getting counters if you do not like snmp.

--
Kaj

Sent from my Nokia N900