[j-nsp] LAG load balance hash algorithm on EX4200

Charlie Allom charlie at playlouder.com
Tue Aug 17 12:55:17 EDT 2010

Hello,

what L2 load balancing hashing is done on the EX 4200 series?

There is no "forwarding-options hash-key" configuration statement.

I have two interfaces, ae0 and ae1 that run BGP in a 2 member VC stack.
Behind the VC stack is a row of PCs with their own LAG aeX's.

Will ae0 and ae1 be load balanced across the switch stack at Layer-2, or
will it just be a primary/secondary failover setup?

I would prefer to get above the 1Gbps single links somehow, but I can't
tell if it will be possible from the documentation (unless I buy an MX).

Regards,
  C.
--
 020 7729 4797