[j-nsp] Junos and arp cache issue

Jen Linkova furry13 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 03:40:07 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 6:31 AM, Maciej Jan Broniarz <gausus at gausus.net> wrote:
> Did anyone of You run into problems with arp cache? Sometimes, when I add
> another ip to a server, connected to a Juniper router there is no connection
> possible to with that ip. Sometimes clearing arp cache helps, sometime it
> doesnt. It occured only in one vlan so far. Is it possible, that it is a
> Junos related issue. I am using 10.0R3.10.

Would you mind to check the following when the problem appears next time:

1) is there an ARP entry in the router's ARP table for the server's IP?
2) if you try
- to ping the server from the router
- the router from the server using the "new" IP as a source
what can you see on tcpdump output on the server and the router?

3) I assume you have a switch between the router and the server.  Can
you setup a port mirroring to see what happens to the packets to/from
the server's "new" IP?

--
SY, Jen Linkova aka Furry