[j-nsp] 10.3 on MX960 with MPC only?

Chris Evans chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 23:18:07 EDT 2010

I don't have a PR yet, JTAC is working on it..

My test topology was simple.. IRB in, IRB out, two different bridge
domains.. If you enable IGMP-snooping, the 'show' commands will appear as
everything is working correctly, however it will not forward multicast
traffic. Looking on the PFE syslog there are errors stating that it cannot
create the entry due to unknown table indexes.

So while it might work with VPLS, basic ethernet switching is broken. The
workaround currently is to disable igmp-snooping, which causes multicast to
be flooded across all ports. I'm not even going to mention that
IGMP-Snooping isn't support on trunk interfaces which blows my mind. In 10.3
multicast doesn't function at all with IRB interfaces..

I have a conference call with JTAC tomorrow