[j-nsp] OSPF IMPORT POLICIES

James S. Smith JSmith at WindMobile.ca
Wed Dec 1 18:32:24 EST 2010

I don't see this as being possible.  The whole point of OSPF is to provide consistent routing data across all routers in the area.  If Juniper allowed filtering of internal routes being imported then that model could be broken.  Everything I've read say JunOS can't filter internal routes from being imported.

----- Original Message -----
From: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net <juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net>
To: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net <juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net>
Sent: Wed Dec 01 18:10:18 2010
Subject: [j-nsp] OSPF IMPORT POLICIES

People,

Hi,

We are trying to filter OSPF Internal Routers from being installed into
the RIB (Routing Table).

JUNIPER has the correct command to filter input routes.

set protocols ospf import <policy name>

But when we create an import policy on our environment ... all the
internal routes are not filtered and are installed onto the RIB.

Is there any way to use policy routing to block the internal ospf routes
to be installed onto the RIB ?

it is possible to use rib-groups to redirect the ospf internal routes to
another routing table ?

Can you please give to me some guide ?

Thanks a lot,

Giuliano