[j-nsp] OSPF IMPORT POLICIES

Phill Jolliffe phill.jolliffe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 19:50:17 EST 2010

If your end goal is to prevent the ospf prefixes from becoming active
in the PFE on a single chassis for then apply an export policy to the
forwarding table under routing-options. The routes can sit active in
the RIB but never make to the linecard.

This is a dirty hack for several reason. Show route says one thing,
show route forwarding-table another. LSDB looks good but doesn't match
forwarding plane. Neighbor might compute paths across the router you
apply the policy to, forward traffic and be back holed.

That all said a dirty hack is what is needed in till there is time to
re make the world pretty :-)

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:27 AM, Giuliano Cardozo Medalha
<giulianocm at uol.com.br> wrote:
> Is it possible to put the internal LSA routes pointing to discard next-hop ?
>
> We need to invalidate some routes ...
>
> Or is not possible to process it ?
>
> Is it only possible to set priority to the route ?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>

>> Only external LSA can be prevented from entering the RIB via ospf import
>> policy.
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Giuliano Cardozo Medalha
>> <giulianocm at uol.com.br>  wrote:
>>>
>>> People,
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We are trying to filter OSPF Internal Routers from being installed into
>>> the
>>> RIB (Routing Table).
>>>
>>> JUNIPER has the correct command to filter input routes.
>>>
>>> set protocols ospf import<policy name>
>>>
>>> But when we create an import policy on our environment ... all the
>>> internal
>>> routes are not filtered and are installed onto the RIB.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to use policy routing to block the internal ospf routes
>>> be installed onto the RIB ?
>>>
>>> it is possible to use rib-groups to redirect the ospf internal routes to
>>> another routing table ?
>>>
>>> Can you please give to me some guide ?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot,
>>>
>>> Giuliano