[j-nsp] EX4200 filter buggy?

Chris Morrow morrowc at ops-netman.net
Fri Dec 3 09:34:19 EST 2010

On 12/03/10 05:46, Charlie Allom wrote:
> I have tried 10.0R2.10, 10.0S10.1 and 10.0R4.7 - they are all the

it seems that with the EX you have to play the 'upgrade to the next
daily image' game, a lot.

> same. We only have 165 terms.

since this is a tcam based platform it's not just 'terms' that matter,
but the combinatorial effect of the contents of the terms... A that
references 2 sources & 2 destinations is 4 entries in the TCAM. Add
ports/protocols and that number can increase, dramatically.

> sw0.cll fpc2 dfw_change_term_filter:1522 H/W cutover failed (no space
> left on device) for filter (7) change end!
>
> that was amongst lots of others.. one "no space left" for each FPC.

there's a rather short set of entries permitted ... and you can't
allocated specifically to the 'pfe' (the equivalent part on the EX), of
which there are (I believe) 3 on the 4200.

> I've asked Juniper for an RMA and we will see if that fixes it.

I doubt that'll fix your issue...but who knows :)

-chris