[j-nsp] how to measure traffic between ASs from an M7i box

Cristian Frizziero cristian.frizziero at iquall.net
Tue Dec 7 13:01:43 EST 2010

Hi Adolfo.

What kind of traffic measurement do you want to realize?

In the more simple case I would use the monitor interface traffic detail
command: i guess that this is not the best for you, beacuse you want to
measure traffic between AS not contiguos. You will not be able to
differentiate it.

On the other hand: the only thing you can do with a M7i to analize
traffic (but only if you have a CFEB-E with the Multiservice Adaptive
Module installed) is to use the cflowd active monitoring: this allows
you to obtain various types of byte and packet counts of flows through a
router.

Look at this link to get more info:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos70/swconfig70-policy/html/sampling-config20.html

Hope it will be useful to you.