[j-nsp] any command/tools to know traffic immediately

Jonathan Towne jontow at slic.com
Thu Dec 9 14:22:51 EST 2010

At least on my EX3200s running 10.1+, there is an "iftop", available
from a 'start shell tcsh' or similar.. I have no idea about netscreens,
so my apologies if this is irrelevant :)

Also available is 'ifmon', which is sort of a realtime 'show interface'
view, both are located in /usr/sbin.

-- Jonathan Towne

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 11:03:19AM -0800, Jonathan Lassoff scribbled:
#
#  I really like the "monitor interface traffic" screen.
#
#
# It's a little app that loops over writing out some columnnar statistics on interface rates and link states, clears the screen, and repeats.
#
# Cheers,
# jof
#