[j-nsp] PIM SM RP issue

Philip Palanchi palanchi at rutgers.edu
Wed Dec 15 11:35:51 EST 2010

We're seeing what seems to be an interoperability problem when we configure PIM Sparse-mode Rendezvous Point on either m10i or mx240 and the PIM source registration messages are coming from cisco routers where the cfeb's, fpc's and dpc's go to 100% cpu utilization all the time. The box stops responding to snmp management, but multicast seems to work ok.

It seems to be that the pd interface on the RP isn't de-capsulating the register messages. JTAC said the pe interface on the encapsulating routers needs a tunnel services PIC but our edge routers are all cisco.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Phil