[j-nsp] EX unsupported filter policer and actions on loopback lo0

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Dec 17 21:29:06 EST 2010

On Saturday, December 18, 2010 04:37:20 am Richard A
Steenbergen wrote:

> That said, isis and even basic mpls support (like
> ip->rsvp) is a huge selling point for me, as is the
> ability to reuse my existing scripts, policies, and
> other Juniper management infrastructure from the real
> routers. I run isis, I shouldn't have to redist to ospf
> to talk to my TOR boxes, and Juniper scored points big
> time by getting rid of that extra little pain in my ass
> from Cisco TOR boxes.

Well, there has been a big push in the last 12 months from
Cisco to consolidate feature set code on their switches, and
this has included the addition of IS-IS to their portfolio
in this class.

Although it's still v4 IS-IS at this stage, you get it on
the 3560, 3750 and 4948.

I have it running on the 3560G, 3750 and 3750ME.

Now if only they could add v6 support.

And unlike Juniper, I don't need a license for it (although
my EX's in the lab that have no IS-IS license aren't
complaining either) :-).

Cheers,

Mark.