[j-nsp] Clearing ARP on Logical Interface (M/MX Series)

Smales, Robert Robert.Smales at cw.com
Mon Feb 1 16:29:16 EST 2010

> Hello all,
> I'm attempting to find documentation on this, but have been unable to.
> Is it possible to clear all the arp entries from a layer 3 logical
> interface on an M/MX series router?

This is an MX960:

rsmales at xcr1.lnd> clear arp ?
Possible completions:
  <[Enter]>            Execute this command
  hostname             Name of host
  logical-system       Name of logical system
  vpn                  Name of VPN routing table
  |                    Pipe through a command
{master}

Would not 'clear arp | match ge-x/y/z' do the trick?

Robert
Robert Smales
Technical Engineer
Cable&Wireless Worldwide
www.cw.com

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the Cable & Wireless e-mail security system - powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive managed e-mail security service, visit http://www.cw.com/uk/emailprotection/

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this email. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender (whose contact details are above) immediately by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies.

Cable and Wireless plc
Registered in England and Wales.Company Number 238525
Registered office: 3rd Floor, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ