[j-nsp] LH SFP

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Wed Feb 3 12:50:47 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 12:35:40PM -0500, Brendan Mannella wrote:
> Does anyone know where to source LH SFP optics for Juniper PICs,
> looking for non-Juniper? I checked Fluxlight but they only have LX. I
> need to shoot the light 26 miles, and LX only seems to be able to do
> 10km.

What Juniper calls LH is what the rest of the (Cisco following) world
calls ZX. What Cisco calls LH is actually an alias for LX, more or less.
The original LX spec was only for 2km, so when a 10km version of the
same optic came along Cisco called it LH. Eventually everyone
standardized on the 10km version to the point that nobody even remembers
the 2km version any more, and now Cisco calls it LX/LH and everyone else
just calls it LX.

Just search for ZX SFP, you'll find an infinite supply of them for
cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120522439087

Or you could pay a few bucks more and get a 100km budget version of the
same thing, etc.