[j-nsp] Peering with loopback

Bill Blackford BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us
Thu Feb 4 12:57:03 EST 2010

I don't have the session live anymore but my recollection after looking in the syslog is that I was trying to peer up with the loopback address and getting errors that the interface of the local interconnect couldn't establish peer.

As Harry Reynolds posted earlier,

<snip>
When lo0 peering, as long as both ends are active, you can get by with just one end correctly configured to use lo0 as source. Not so when neither end is.
</snip>

This explains why my C to J worked but the J to J did not.

Thanks all. I will try this on my next window.

-b