[j-nsp] ASP in M160 ?

Alfred Schweder alf at all.de
Mon Feb 8 06:27:33 EST 2010

Hello

> You can see it as "show chassis fpc detail" command.
> The fpc with I/O Manager v2.0 is enhanced one.
>
> root at m160> show chassis fpc detail
> Slot 2 information:
>   State                               Online
>   Temperature                      40 degrees C / 104 degrees F
>   Total CPU DRAM                   32 MB
>   Total SRAM                        4 MB
>   Total SDRAM                     256 MB
>   I/O Manager ASIC information        Version 2.0, Foundry IBM, Part number 0
>                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In the working Setup with a M40e:
Slot 7 information:
  State                               Online
  Temperature                      42 degrees C / 107 degrees F
  Total CPU DRAM                   32 MB
  Total SRAM                        4 MB
  Total SDRAM                     128 MB
  I/O Manager ASIC information        Version 3.0, Foundry IBM, Part number 0
  I/O Manager ASIC information        Version 3.0, Foundry IBM, Part number 0
  Start time                          2010-01-19 17:06:23 CET
  Uptime                              19 days, 19 hours, 8 minutes, 23 seconds

In the NOT working Setup with the M160:
Slot 7 information:
  State                               Online
  Temperature                      37 degrees C / 98 degrees F
  Total CPU DRAM                   32 MB
  Total SRAM                        4 MB
  Total SDRAM                     256 MB
  I/O Manager ASIC information        Version 2.0, Foundry IBM, Part number 0
  I/O Manager ASIC information        Version 2.0, Foundry IBM, Part number 0
  I/O Manager ASIC information        Version 2.0, Foundry IBM, Part number 0
  I/O Manager ASIC information        Version 2.0, Foundry IBM, Part number 0
  Start time                          2010-01-19 17:05:41 CET
  Uptime                              19 days, 19 hours, 9 minutes, 14 seconds

Im wondering why there is no hint in the syslog, if the hardware version would
be the cause. And there is no verify when the RP try to access the service...

Regards,

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Dipl. Ing. A. Schweder